about the program
POINT’s Social Cohesion and Livelihoods Program work to provide the necessary tools and techniques to mobilize and empower communities to activate and increase their members’ participation in decision-making, capacities to contribute to the economic and social statues of their communities. and to be able to respond to the crisis. The Program aims to reach the most vulnerable members of communities, as it provides them with needed resources to stand for their rights, play an active role in developing their communities, and most importantly to bridge the gaps between community members and authorities in order to attain resilience.
POINT program provides many interventions to open dialogue among the target community members in order to determine who the decision-makers are, what and how issues are decided, and also to mobilize individuals to take their role as well as to reach a significant number of empowered members by community mobilizers.
The Program’s interventions cover the following topics:
· Community mobilization & capacity building (in Camps and Urban Settings)
· Vocational Training for youth and women
· Community based Social and Market studies.
· Community based Disaster Risk Redaction
· Business & SMEs incubator establishment
· Culture heritage documentation and protection
· Employers Mobilization and development
· Cash for work activities
· Mini-Grants to support individuals and SMEs
· Employment and career guidance
· Value chain development
· Community participation outreach campaigns
· Community-based mapping and advocacy
· Supporting voluntarism