Reporting to: Portfolio Manager.
POINT was established as NGO by a group of Diaspora humanitarian experts. As an NGO, the co-founders of POINT realized the crucial gaps between providing aids and the need for building the resilience of communities. We believe at POINT that the best solutions to support the people in crisis should be by a quick transformation from rapid response to resilience method, as this approach within humanitarian operations is crucial to the first efforts of a community to recover, rise again, and start to use their capacity, starting from education and livelihood at the first stages, ending by early recovery and rehabilitation at later stages. POINT is fully registered in Turkey and Iraq as non-profit organization and have ongoing program in Turkey, Iraq, and Syria.
POINT is working in the following domains:
- Camp Coordination Camp Management
- Civilians Education and Protection
- Early recovery and livelihoods
- Capacity development for local actors
Number of Employees
Deadline For Submission
30 October 2021
Introduction about the position
The Program Manager (PM) will take the responsibility of the projects implementation by supporting the project manager or coordinators. The position will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at POINT HQ. He/she should work closely with support departments to ensure smooth implementation and securing project needs.
The Program Manager (PM) should be well familiar with Turkey, Iraq and Syria operation humanitarian environment and ensure the quality of project in collaboration with MEAL department.
- Follow up and develop Programs technical SOPs in cooperation with clusters, partners, donors, and project staff.
- Organize programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Set up new project ideas to respond to communities’ needs by working on annual plan for programs in cooperation with project manager.
- Provide leadership and support to the program team by increasing their capacity and create environment for innovation.
- Review and approve the project charters, project structure and workplan that developed by the project team.
- Develop the project implementation structure for new projects and developing the ToRs.
- Develop the Risk management plan for the project, to mitigate any potential risk.
- Review the project/grant agreement regulations.
- Support the CEO in developing the Strategic plan for POINT
- Lead and work on proposal development and develop new proposal to respond to the needs of the affected communities in the area of operations.
- Support in budget management and managed the projections of the expenses according to project outputs and results.
- Working in securing the access and safety for project staff in cooperation with area manager.
- Develop accountability mechanisms with MEAL department and support the field staff to implement it accurately.
- Conduct regular meetings with Projects staff to review the projects implementation and the updates on the context.
- Oversee the program implementation to ensure project’ objective on time and on budget, while ensuring that the project meet high quality standards.
- Support and couch the project team in order to improve their skills and capacity building.
- Evaluate activity progress and team contribution then determine necessary actions to be improved or corrected.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Lead the process and provide project reports that are timely and meet institutional and donor requirements and regulation.
- Represent POINT’s program strategy among key stakeholders in Turkey and at relevant UN Cluster and working groups.
- Ensure program implementation are happening in compliance with POINT internal policies and procedures as well as local authority and donor rules and regulation
- Follow POINT’s policies on administrative practices, finance, logistic, and communications, etc
- Work closely with MEAL in standardizing the tools for each sector in line with the donor requirements in a timely manner.
- Working with MEAL department in evaluating the project outcomes.
- Build new relations with different key donors and partners to expand POINT portfolio.
- Supporting the partnership in developing the partners satisfactions and sustain the relation with partners by attend regular meetings with partners.
- Any other tasks from line manager.
- 5 years’ experience in project management, with experience in projects related to POINT mandate.
- 2 years in program management in humanitarian and development.
- Experience in developing SOPs, Polices and plans
- Have experience in multi-sector such as ERL, Protection, Education, Cash and CCCM
- Experience in capacity building projects.
- Proven successfully experience in working with key donors, UN agencies and system and INGOs.
- Minimum of first degree (Social Sciences, business or any relevant degree is desirable. MBA added value
- Have PMP certificate or PgMd
- Turkish citizen is preferred, or valid legal document to issue work permit.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.
- Proven knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Stress tolerance and ability to work under pressure.
- A dynamic person with administrative skills, does not require close supervision or direction, and is flexible and highly responsive. As well as has a well understanding of field situation
Excellent skills on Microsoft Office, Excel, word, MS projects.
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- Strong English writing skills required
- Good Turkish language is desired
Gaziantep – Turkey, with potential to conduct field visits to project locations including Turkey, Iraq and Turkey if the security situation allows.
What POINT offered
- Employment contract.
- Salary within the contract period.
- Capacity building and training.
- Positive professional and academic environment.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to: