Cash and Livelihoods Consortium Coordinator
About POINT Iraq
POINT Iraq was registered in 2017 to share its expertise with Iraqi communities and civil
society actors in humanitarian crises and development. We developed our strategy for Iraq
response that matching the context needs, we customized our projects for the targeted
beneficiaries which are the organizations, Refugees, IDPs, host communities and Returnees
under our programs for Iraq:
• Protection and Cash
• Camp management support
• Capacity development
• Social cohesion and livelihoods
Therefor we coordinate our programs through UN-OCHA and NCCI platforms, POINT
• Member in Iraq Education Cluster
• Member in Iraq Emergency livelihood Cluster
• Member in Iraq FSL Cluster
• Member in NCCI
• Member in Iraq Cash working group
POINT is conducting projects to support Iraqis and NGOs working in Iraq in Mousel, Dahouk,
Erbil, Kirkuk, Salah Aldin, Diala and Basra. And our staff is local speaking Kurdish, Arabic and
English with direct support and supervision from POINT HQ.
Our Partners in Iraq UN agencies such as UNDP, IOM and OCHA- IHF and INGOs such as NRC,
GOAL, ACTED, OXFAM, World Vision and SCI.
About This Position
The Livelihoods and Cash consortium Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating
and facilitating all projects activities, of POINT Cash and livelihoods Program at the
country level, Also, ensuring integrated holistic approach in project implementation among
Consortium partner’s in the achievement of project objectives. S/he will be specifically
responsible to facilitate integrated programming in joint areas of operation with a focus on: cross-learning, downward accountability, monitoring integration aspects
and producing consolidated narrative reports. The Consortium coordinator provides
analysis and information to the senior team, donor and co-partners for the
Number of Employees
End Of Contract
19 July 2021
Deadline For Submission
14 June 2021
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Consortium/Project management & Reporting
– Preparing the project charter of the project and the detailed work plan for the project including the tasks for each staff.
– Developing the SoPs of MPCA project, grant mechanism and Professional training for livelihoods project tools to be harmonized with all partners.
– Organizing and communicating the planning and reporting processes: dividing responsibilities and setting timelines for deliverables and steps of the process, ensuring timely delivery of quality assured plans, budgets and reports.
– Support in managing projects in other areas of consortium like support the project team and partners in logistics and finance issues.
– Working closely to manage all project staff and consortium partners to finalize their work plans that match the project plan.
– Facilitate the signing the MoU with all partners and ensuring the donor regulations shared with all partners.
– Developing reporting agenda and project report template for project staff and all partners to use it.
– learning and program adjustments and improvements, through working-groups, learning reviews, etc.
– Coordinate Focal Points for planning and reporting in the Program Sections
– Follow up the implementation of project by bi-weekly meeting with all consortium partners and ensuring the implementation matching the workplan to avoid any delay in the project.
- Communication & Coordination
– Directs the overall flow of information to the consortium partners and Project staff.
– collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience that matching our donors and POINT regulations
– Build and maintain a good relationship with donor and co-partners
– Prepare a coordination meeting plan to harmonize tools, interventions and coordinate the efforts with project team and partners.
– Attend the coordination meetings such as Emergency livelihoods cluster, Cash working group and any other ad-hoc meetings.
Monitoring, Evaluation, accountability and learning
– Working closely with MEAL department at POINT HQ to develop the MEAL framework for the project with all MEAL tools and (Indicators Performance Tacking Table) IPTT.
– Facilitate the MEAL activities in the field in cooperation with our sub-partner
– Finalize the tools for livelihoods assessment with all partners and MEAL department
– Proactive integration of the Humanitarian accountability Standards throughout the different phases of the project cycle.
– Promote community based approach to increase the accountability among the IDPs and affected population.
– Ensure the projects of POINT is regularly reviewing frameworks and monitoring results against set indicators.
– Supporting teams in capacity building on Accountability, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning.
– Support the external evaluations/ spot check that will conduct by the donor and facilitate their visit to all consortium locations
– Ensure proper follow up of monitoring results, sharing relevant results to senior management, donor and co-partners and having overall strategic awareness of program impacts.
– Work with team to develop innovative ways for community feedback (e.g. effective complaint mechanisms).
- Budget Management
– Ensure that all project expenditures are in line with the project’s budget
– Review and Approve Original Charges: All invoices and requests for payment, including any related backup documentation
– ensure that all financial transactions comply with existing financial rules and regulations governing them
– Support the sub-partner in developing procurement plan, submitting PRs and close all procumbent cycles by following the polices and process.
– Make sure the procurement and acquisition of raw materials are following the financial rules and regulations laid down by the government, project nature and project donor.
– Submit the PRs for any procurement by working closely with support department at HQ.
- Partnership, team management and capacity development
– Systematically identify existing or potentials fund/partnership opportunities and suggest those to POINT senior team to sustain the project fund with new donors/partners.
– Submit proposals for donors/partners to sustain the fund.
– Ensure adherence to partnership, grant management policies and regulations of POINT
– Leading role in reflection on collaborative ways of working within the team and with other teams, and role modelling these behaviors.
– Helping the partners team to achieve objectives through day-to-day support, monthly face to face meetings, regular team meetings, which include discussions of progress against objectives, giving feedback, challenges and encouragement.
– Guide internal capacity building efforts for Point partner’s teams on MEAL, Project management, Livelihoods tools
– Managing the field staff and coordinating the work with partners.
– Supporting personal and career development of direct reports (and the team as a whole).
– Develop effective capacity building for POINT sub Partner in order to implement the project in high quality.
Qualifications & Skills
Degree in social/political sciences, arts or in a humanitarian assistance related field
5 years of project management experience (planning, monitoring, evaluation) in humanitarian context, including in a leading position.
Strong experience in monitoring and evaluation of complex projects.
Experience in organizational representation, coordination and liaison.
Experience in narrative reporting on complex projects to international donors.
Experience in implementing projects within partner networks or consortia.
Willingness and ability to travel to project locations in Iraq (Kirkuk, Salah Alden and Diyala)
Cultural sensitivity and proven experience in working in the Middle East strongly desired
Excellent conceptual, planning, organizational, and leadership skills.
Excellent communication, negotiation and problem-solving capacities.
Fluency in English (written and spoken), knowledge of Arabic an advantage.
Strong computer literacy.
Ability to manage stress, multi-task and take decisions
We warmly welcome applications for this assignment. Please Fill in the following form