POINT was established by a group of humanitarian workers and its headquarter is in Gaziantep, Turkey.
As a non-governmental organization, the co-founders of PONT realized the crucial capacity gaps and needs for the civil society and communities to play a greater role in improving the response to the humanitarian crisis and better contribute to the stabilization of their conflict-affected country.
POINT provides capacity development to the local civil society and communities actors as well as local staff in INGOs. This is in order to strengthen their voice, increase their impact and bring about the development of diverse, inclusive and independent civil society and communities.
About This Position
The project officer responsibilities include preparing comprehensive action plans, including resources and timeframes. He will perform various coordinating tasks with POINT’s other departments and with partners, along with administrative duties.
The Project officer guarantees a timely achievement of the project’s objectives as per the proposal, POINT’s qualitative standards, and donor compliance.
Number of Employees
Deadline For Submission
30 June 2021
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Project Cycle Management
– Follow up with the project activities according to the project’s workplans defining clear milestones.
– Responsible for providing guidance on all project components to the teams in the field and the HQ levels regarding the project’s objectives, indicators and activities.
– Coordinate and work closely with Project Team throughout program planning, design implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
– Responsible for managing the field team remotely.
Follow up the scheduling of implementing the project’s activities with the field staff.
Ensure effective implementation of Project in accordance with program requirements and in line with Donor regulations and international standards.
Harmonize the implementation phase with the monitoring activities needed during the project.
Manage all the sides of the project at logistics and practical level.
Evaluate the implemented activities and guarantee an efficient usage of the resources.
– Prepare narrative reports based on donor requirements.
– Keep tracking for all project’s documentation.
– Guarantee effective and constant information flow with the Program Manager.
– Coordinating with the MEAL department for developing the monitoring process.
– Analyze and report strengths and weaknesses of the project;
– Evaluate the project activities during the implementation phase and afterwards.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, Economics, Finance or other related fields
- Experience in Project Cycle Management (PCM)
- At least two years work experience, with relevant tasks, good knowledge of the humanitarian aid system with a special focus on Community based projects
- Knowledge or Previous experience in ERL activities will be an added value
- Previous experience in remote project management
- High interpersonal skills with a strong analytical approach in problem solving and management.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Good command of MS office programs.
- Turkish Nationality is a plus.
- Active residency permit (non-Turkish Nationality)
We warmly welcome applications for this assignment. Please Fill in the following form