About POINT Iraq
POINT Iraq was registered in 2017 to share its expertise with Iraqi communities and civil
society actors in humanitarian crises and development. We developed our strategy for Iraq
response that matching the context needs, we customized our projects for the targeted
beneficiaries which are the organizations, Refugees, IDPs, host communities and Returnees
under our programs for Iraq:
• Protection and Cash
• Camp management support
• Capacity development
• Social cohesion and livelihoods
Therefor we coordinate our programs through UN-OCHA and NCCI platforms, POINT
• Member in Iraq Education Cluster
• Member in Iraq Emergency livelihood Cluster
• Member in Iraq FSL Cluster
• Member in NCCI
• Member in Iraq Cash working group
POINT is conducting projects to support Iraqis and NGOs working in Iraq in Mousel, Dahouk,
Erbil, Kirkuk, Salah Aldin, Diala and Basra. And our staff is local speaking Kurdish, Arabic and
English with direct support and supervision from POINT HQ.
Our Partners in Iraq UN agencies such as UNDP, IOM and OCHA- IHF and INGOs such as NRC,
GOAL, ACTED, OXFAM, World Vision and SCI.
About This Position
The MEAL Officer works under the supervision of the MEAL Coordinator and supervise MEAL Officers in Iraq and Data entry. Works in close collaboration with Training Officer and program Officer.
Number of Employees
Deadline For Submission
04 August 2021
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support MEAL Coordinator in developing M&E department workplans/ timeframe for the allocated projects
- Develop tools such assessment, monitoring, pre/post-test, training evaluation, PDM…etc.
- Collect data of the training in the database (data base management)
- Produce training report
- Archive all projects MEAL related documents
- Coordinate all monitoring activities implemented by field MEAL staff and ensure quality of the information collected through verification and validation
- Analyze, discuss the findings, and produce reports for POINT’s Projects
- Developing the MEAL plan for the project.
- Developing Projects database, manage and update the data regularly after the coordination with programs
- Assist in the development of methodologies and implementation of evaluation exercises
- Analyze monitoring and accountability information collected to produce recommendations and program reports
- Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant Program Managers as appropriate
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to POINT’s accountability, program participant protection policy, M&E and other standards
- To work as part of a team, providing any other support required by MEAL Coordinator, Programs and Portfolio Manager.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Information Management, Project Management Engineering, Finance or other relevant academic background (essential).
- 1 to 3 years of Monitoring and Evaluation experience (essential).
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports in English.
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
- Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bilingual in English and Arabic (essential)
- Experience in a non-governmental organization (desirable)
We warmly welcome applications for this assignment. Please Fill in the following form