About POINT Iraq
POINT Iraq was registered in 2017 to share its expertise with Iraqi communities and civil
society actors in humanitarian crises and development. We developed our strategy for Iraq
response that matching the context needs, we customized our projects for the targeted
beneficiaries which are the organizations, Refugees, IDPs, host communities and Returnees
under our programs for Iraq:
• Protection and Cash
• Camp management support
• Capacity development
• Social cohesion and livelihoods
Therefor we coordinate our programs through UN-OCHA and NCCI platforms, POINT
• Member in Iraq Education Cluster
• Member in Iraq Emergency livelihood Cluster
• Member in Iraq FSL Cluster
• Member in NCCI
• Member in Iraq Cash working group
POINT is conducting projects to support Iraqis and NGOs working in Iraq in Mousel, Dahouk,
Erbil, Kirkuk, Salah Aldin, Diala and Basra. And our staff is local speaking Kurdish, Arabic and
English with direct support and supervision from POINT HQ.
Our Partners in Iraq UN agencies such as UNDP, IOM and OCHA- IHF and INGOs such as NRC,
GOAL, ACTED, OXFAM, World Vision and SCI.
About This Position
The project officer responsibilities include preparing comprehensive action plans, including resources and timeframes. He will perform various coordinating tasks with POINT’s other departments and with partners, along with administrative duties.
The Project officer guarantees a timely achievement of the project’s objectives as per the proposal, POINT’s qualitative standards, and donor compliance.
Number of Employees
Deadline For Submission
04 August 2021
Tasks & Responsibilities
Project Cycle Management
1.Follow up with the project activities according to the project’s workplans defining clear milestones.
2.Responsible for providing guidance on all project components to the teams in the field and the HQ levels regarding the project’s objectives, indicators, and activities.
3.Coordinate and work closely with Project Team throughout program planning, design implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
4.Responsible for managing the field team remotely. Implementation:
- Follow up the scheduling of implementing the project’s activities with the field
- Ensure effective implementation of Project in accordance with program requirements and in line with Donor regulations and international
- Harmonize the implementation phase with the monitoring activities needed during the
- Manage all the sides of the project at logistics and practical
- Evaluate the implemented activities and guarantee an efficient usage of the resources.
1.Prepare narrative reports based on donor requirements.
2.Keep tracking for all project’s documentation.
3.Guarantee effective and constant information flow with the Program Manager.
1.Coordinating with the MEAL department for developing the monitoring process.
2.Analyze and report strengths and weaknesses of the project.
3.Evaluate the project activities during the implementation phase and afterwards.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, Economics, Finance, or other related fields
- Experience in Project Cycle Management (PCM)
- At least two years’ work experience, with relevant tasks, good knowledge of the humanitarian aid system with a special focus on Community based projects.
- Knowledge or Previous experience in ERL activities will be an added
- Previous experience in remote project
- High interpersonal skills with a strong analytical approach in problem solving and
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and
- Good command of MS office
We warmly welcome applications for this assignment. Please Fill in the following form